show / hide
As you think about starting a business in our district, consider that we are infrastructure rich.
- The city of Thomasville provides electricity, natural gas, water and sewer and solid waste services. Businesses have access to advanced telecommunication services for data intensive businesses, such as call centers or other back office operations. Residences also enjoy high speed Internet from city-owned CNS.
- A low-cost city-wide WiFi is also available.
- Three four-lane highways - US Highways 319, 19 and 84, converge in Thomasville.
- Thomasville is a rail center for CSX Railroad.
- Owners draw employees from a five-county Georgia region as well as Tallahassee, Florida. The Georgia five-county population exceeds 151,000.
- Thomasville Regional Airport has runway capabilities exceeding 5,000 feet, ample for corporate aircraft.
- Thomasville has a Class 2 ISO fire rating; only 17 other Georgia communities have this exceptional rating. These ratings affect insurance premiums paid by both businesses and residents. ISO ratings range from 1 to 10 and are used by insurance companies to measure the effectiveness of a community’s ability to respond to fires and other related situations.
(as seen in Georgia Trend Magazine)