show / hide
Let us help you make Thomasville your business's home!
There are a variety of local and state incentives you may be able to take advantage of; we can help.
- A local matching grant from Thomasville is available to you to assist in refurbishing a building facade. A facade grant may be up to 50% of the building renovation.
- The Georgia Department of Community Affairs offers low interest loan programs.
- The Georgia Municipal Association offers financing support through the Georgia Cities Fund.
- The Downtown district, along with all of Thomasville, is designated camera ready for the film industry, is entrepreneur friendly, and is certified work ready by The Georgia Department of Economic Development.
- A portion of the Thomasville Downtown Business District is in a State designated Opportunity Zone which provides your business a job tax credit under certain guidelines. We can help you see if you can qualify. Click here for a map of the Opportunity Zone. The Georgia Department of Community Affairs administers Opportunity Zones.
In person general consultation and new business owner packets about all these incentives, local occupation tax (formerly called business license), architectural guidelines, zoning and more is available from our Main Street Director, April Norton. (229) 227-7020 or: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pink Valise grand opening ribbon cutting, 2015
Marketing Assistance for Retail Merchants
City of Thomasville sponsored special events and advertising draw customers into the Downtown Business District
A weekly newsletter, "This Week in Thomasville," is delivered to over 3,000+ recipients
Overhead wayfinders and other signage with merchant names assists shoppers in finding a favorite shop
Updated yearly, the Shopping & Dining Guide is distributed through the Thomasville Visitors Center to over 10,000+ unique visitors annually
Main Street is a merchant-driven collaboration promoting business in the Downtown Business District
Tourism initiatives with state entities, regional and national magazines, local/regional/national websites, and more, promote the City of Thomasville as a tourist destination